Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Little Grand Canyon

After escaping Rattlesnake Canyon, we made a beeline for the San Rafael Swell in Utah, a region that is a labyrinth of canyons within ancient rock. I experienced one canyon on my bike from its rim and its depths. First, I rode along its canyon wall and peered down at the dizzying view. A day later, I rode along the riverside down on the canyon floor (details tomorrow). That canyon was called "Little Grand Canyon". The San Rafael River courses through it.
I loved seeing the canyon so much from my bike that we returned to eat dinner while watching the sun set from the canyon rim. Sweet K let me take her picture in the magical light.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Magnificent and beautiful....K and the canyon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light in your canyon shot is extraordinary, too. I love overcast sky in the desert - if it's not raining!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beootiful!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light is magical! K looks beautiful.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could post the GPS coordinates so others could go to the exact same spot to take picture. Just an idea...thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I bet the photos from your trip are comforting now that you're experiencing more snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet K, you look good in any light!!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh,, the colors!!
    You captured the colors and shadows perfectly, and K in her magesty!!
    Beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. o beautiful...looks like a little Grand Canyon
    Snuggless,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those rocky canyons are so beautiful. I'd like to see something like that in person someday. All those times visiting Arizona and I never even made it to the Grand Canyon. This must be rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic view! I can see why you'd want to go back. That must have been a great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. K is just glowing! You got a great photo of the Swell, KB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had never heard of the San Rafael Swell in Utah . Awesome photos .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi DaysRun,

    I don't have easy access to the GPS coordinates but I can take a look at a map to try to find the approximate ones. I don't keep the GPS function on in my camera because it runs down the batteries...

    KB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful!!! Lots of love, Holly & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a crazy Monday here at my office and how I would love to be sitting there and enjoying the view....

    I hope your weekend was an enjoyable one, and your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Gosh! That photo is so striking...you captured the depth so well. K looks so content!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful spot in the world! Since I haven't been able to make it out there in way too long, it's so nice to live vicariously through your photos!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!